Tuesday, March 22, 2016

It's a Drug and It's Addictive

 "Dear writer, I really want to ask you a question. What do you think of the porn industry and the damage/benefits it has or does to our society. What do you think it does to the individual who uses it?" 
-Anonymous 

In all honesty, I have been avoiding this question. I didn't want to try and answer it in fear I would mess it up. Say something wrong...
The topic of porn is a big and sticky topic. First off I want to say that I in no ways support the making or partaking of porn. Porn is by far one of the most harmful drugs in the world. Yes, porn is a drug. Once you start it is insanely hard to stop. But, you must realize that one can break free from the addiction chains of porn. Just like any other addiction it is very hard to break free. Not only is porn harmful to the person addicted to it, it is harmful to the person in it. We must realize that the people who are actually in the porn are real people just like us. They have hearts like us; They have souls like us; and they have bodies like us. Bodies that should not be used to sexually please every person who looks stuff up on the internet and runs across it. If we truly think about it, would we want our bodies to be exposed for the whole world to see?? Porn stars are just as important and in need of real love at we are. When in the act of partaking of porn, the people you are seeing are being wrongly treated. Every time someone clicks on porn they give money to the industry. As much as porn is addictive and you don't think you can ever stop, it is very, very harmful. Not only are you hurting yourself but you are helping hurt the person you are looking at. 
Porn has had a very negative impact on society. Society has made it seem like a "normal" thing, when it is far from normal. I recently read this article called 10 Reasons why You Should (NOT) Let Your Boyfriend Watch Porn. (Side note: I would encourage you to read it as well) The first thing I thought when I saw the title was "Why would anyone be okay with there boyfriend/girlfriend watching porn?" But I didn't really know how accepted it had become in our culture and in my own peers. When I really started researching how today's people view the use of porn, I was shocked and very upset. I'm not innocent by any means, but I also have known how wrong and harmful porn is. Teenage girls think it is "perfectly okay" for there boyfriend to watch porn. That is what they have been taught so why not. But that mind set is so wrong. Girls should not have to settle for a boy who watches porn because they don't think they will find better and its the norm. A very common lie girls believe is that every guy watches porn. This is not true at all! Not every guy dose and every girl deserves a guy who is going to be so focused on her that he won't have time to search online for a different girl. But it is not just a guy thing. Many girls are addicted to porn too, and it is just as hard for them to get out of it. Every guy deserves the same as a girl. She should be so focused on him she doesn't have time to look else where.
Porn destroys people from the inside out. People get most damaged emotionally. They start viewing the opposite sex as objects for pleasure and nothing else. 
So, I think porn is wrong. It has had a terrible affect on our society and that it hurts people. 
Porn is a drug, and it's time we start treating it like one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts