Monday, May 16, 2016

16

I turned sixteen today. This is a really big thing for me. Not only did I turn sixteen on the sixteenth or two thousand and sixteen but I have always wanted to be sixteen.
I really don't know why as a little girl I dreamed of being sixteen, but I did. Maybe it was because sixteen was my golden birthday, or maybe I just wanted to be old but still young. Either way, I am sixteen now and don't quite know how to handle it. I have been waiting for this birthday forever and now it's almost over. 
The last sixteen years of my life have been a roller coaster ride. I don't really remember much of when I was super young, but I remember last year. :) Being sixteen and looking back on my life, I see so many things about myself I didn't know. Things that are good, and things that are bad. But I must except who I am.
So many great and amazing people have poured into my life over the past years. They have taught me and made me into the person I am today. I love them all for that. I hope that I make them all proud.
Since I spent so many years of my life having the goal of being sixteen, that I should have no goal now. But that's not true. My goal now is to be a better version of me. I love myself but there are parts of me that need to change. I want to change them and I am okay with changing them.
So here is to the years to come! Thank you to everyone who has poured into me! I love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 16th, Becca! Be proud of the past 16 years. Imagine all the amazing things you will do, see and be in the 16 years ahead. My advice? Buckle up, it's gonna be a crazy ride:)
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts